What is "My Health" by Sema4?
Sema4's My Health feature allows you to connect your health data from different institutions of care and access them in a timeline format. My Health allows you to download, sort, and filter your data so you can view your health information the way you want.
What are the benefits of using My Health?
Through My Health, you can:
- Manage your healthcare records. My Health organizes your health data from different institutions (healthcare providers, labs, pharmacies) in a single online account.
- Actively engage with your health. Your My Health account pulls in health data from multiple sources, providing you with a more compete view of your health information. This makes it easier to remember what happened at past appointments and track changes to your health over time.
- Power research discoveries. Sema4 is proud of our internationally recognized research program. Collecting and aggregating data from patients enrolled in My Health helps Sema4 uncover unique insights that cannot be gathered from traditional research studies.
How do I opt into My Health?
If you would like to opt back into the My Health feature or have not yet consented to it, you can do so by navigating to your My Health tab and consenting to the terms and conditions of the feature. You can later edit the status of this consent from the Consent section under your Account Settings page by clicking 'Edit.'
Can I opt out of My Health?
You are in charge of your information, and you can decide to opt out of My Health at any time. When you opt out of My Health, we delete all data that can be identified as yours from our system. However, any de-identified data will remain in our system and will continue to be used for research. This data will not be able to be linked back to you.
You can opt out of My Health at any time by going to the Consents section under your Account Settings page and clicking ‘Edit.'
Please note that if you still have Human API data connected at the time that you opt out of Sema4's My Health feature or if you have created a separate Human API account, they will still have access to your health information. To learn more about Human API and their privacy policies, please see our FAQs on Human API. (Jump link to Human API FAQs).
How does Sema4 use my information?
Sema4 is dedicated to protecting your privacy. All of your healthcare and genetic information received through or shared with Sema4 is encrypted and fully HIPAA-compliant, and Sema4 will only use your information with your consent. Please refer to Sema4’s privacy policies for more information, available here.
If you have provided your consent, your information may be used in our internationally-recognized research program. You can opt out of having your data included in the research program at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, any de-identified information that has already been entered into our research databases will remain in our databases because we are not able to “re-identify” this information and link it back to you.
How frequently will I receive emails from Sema4 about my health data?
You will receive emails about your health data in My Health once your health information becomes available for viewing on the timeline. This will occur when:
- You have recently connected a new data source and your health information becomes available and/or:
- You have had a recent visit with your provider and new record update is available.
We respect your time and your inbox. Sema4 will send a maximum of one My Health-related email every 48 hours, even if health data becomes available multiple times within that timeframe.